What is expected of me as a member of the Syracuse development community?
Basically just be nice. treat others how you would like to be treated, and don’t be a bad human being.
Code of Conduct
Syracuse.io community a harassment free space. We do not tolerate harassment of any kind.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of rejected names
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behaviour in spaces where they’re not appropriate
- Threats of violence
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm
- Deliberate intimidation
- Stalking or following
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes
- Sustained disruption of discussion
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse
- Publication of non-harassing private communication
- Creating chat channels with offensive motives or intent
If you are being harassed by a member, notice that someone else is
being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact
@mike or another admin directly via DM. If the person who is harassing you is on the admin team, they will recuse themselves from handling your
incident. We will respond as promptly as we can.
In order to protect volunteers from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Please treat each other with kindness, thank you. <3